Q: Is there a main number to call for the PCard Office?
A: Yes, PCard Customer Service at 520-626-9091
Q: If my PCard has been lost or stolen, who do I contact after hours, on weekends or when I am unable to reach PCard Staff?
A: Contact JP Morgan Chase Customer Services at 800-270-7760, and PCard Customer Service at 520-626-9091 and leave a message with all of the details.
Q. What type of documentation do I need to submit for the triplicated transactions PCDO's that occurred on April 14, 2013 and the two offset transactional PCDO's that occurred on April 16, 2013?
A: FSO/Operations only requires the original invoice/receipt for the initial transaction as supporting documentation as it is not necessary to submit copies for the offsetting PCDO transactions.
Q: What is the difference between a disputable transaction and a fraudulent transaction?
- Disputable transactions are Merchant Errors or errors in billing between the merchant and cardholder. Some examples include: multiple billing, billing wrong amount, billing without receiving merchandise, billing on a cancelled order.
- Fraud is defined as unauthorized transaction(s) made with a lost, stolen, compromised or counterfeit card/ card number.
Q: What should I do if I am about to dispute a transaction?
A: Contact the PCard Office to discuss the situtation prior to initiation of a dispute. PCard Staff will review scenario and provide information on the dispute process.
Q: What if Fraudulent Transaction is discovered and you are unable to reach the PCard Staff, it's after hours, or it's the weekend?
- Contact JPMorgan Chase Customer Service at 800-270-7760 - they will assist in cancellation/reissuance of PCard.
- Also contact PCard Customer Service at 520-626-9091 and leave a message with all the details.
- The PCard Office will contact you with additional steps necessary depending on the type of PCard issued (Individual or Department PCard). Steps will include: UAPD will need to be contacted for a case number.
Q: What Analytics report should I run in lieu of the PCard Statement?
- Financial>General -Purchasing Card>Card Transaction Tab>Transaction Detail by Organization (Enter criteria i.e. last four digits of the PCard, Organization Name) run this report using (Post date criteria between) use billing cycle dates from the PCard website.
Q: How can I quickly look up my department's PCard(s) in UAccess Financials?
- In UAccess Financials -Click on Maintenance Tab>under Financial Processing click on Procurement Cardholder>enter default org code click search (Note: if you have multi department #s you'll need to search using other criteria or use separate searches) Another good criteria to use is Reconcilers Group name
- In Analytics - you can also look up this information (Keep in mind this is a day delayed from UAccess Financials) Financial>General -Purchasing Card>Cardholders Tab>enter your criteria i.e. last 4 digits, Organization Name, Reconciler Group Name, Cardholder Name) use the Cardholder Profile Report
Q: What types of Card Enhancements are available on the PCard?
A: Refer to the Policy Manual regarding these types of Enhancements
1. PCard Plus:
Business Meetings, Business Entertainment, Employee Farewell, Employee Recognition/Service Awards
2. Travel Enhancement:
- Employee Travel and Non-Employee Travel
Q. Regarding unallowable tips exceeding 20% Is this pre-tax or post-tax?
A: Unallowable: Tips to merchants (i.e. restaurants) exceeding 20% pre-tax amount.
Q: My PCard is expiring soon, do I need to contact the bank?
A: No, you do not need to contact the bank. During the month of the PCard expiration date the bank will send the PCard directly to the address associated with the PCard. Look for a plain white envelope to arrive. If you do not receive the PCard prior to one week of expiration contact the PCard Office 520-626-9091.
Q: Does JP Morgan Chase require my Social Security Number when activating my PCard?
A: No, the bank may ask for your Social Security Number however, you should provide them with the last four digits of your your Employee Identification Number (EMPL ID) which is on file with the bank.
Q: My PCard has the PCard Plus Enhancement on it, but it declined when I was booking a meeting room at a hotel. Why did this happen?
Hotel/Lodging is not permitted on the PCard and as such the Merchant Category Codes are blocked. Contact PCard Customer Service at 520-626-9091 for assistance.
- Note: Make sure that any contract requiring a signature has been reviewed and approved by Procurement & Contracting Services.
Q: Who can make changes (limit increases, number of transactions) on my PCard?
A: Only the Department Liaison can request changes to a PCard.
Q: What should I do with my PCard if I am going to be out on extended leave, or vacation?
- If you are an Individual PCard holder contact your department Liaison as request they have your PCard placed on a Temporary hold until you return to work.
- If you are the Responsible Cardholder of a Department PCard, ask your liaison to complete a transfer form assigning someone new as the Responsible Cardholder. Another transfer form will be required to change responsible cardholder status back to you upon your return.
Q: After faxing over a Delete Form do I need to mail the original to the PCard Office?
Q: When is the billing cycle date and when will my limits refresh?
A: The bank billing cycle date is the 6th of the month.
- If the 6th is on a Saturday the billing cycle date changes to Friday the 5th.
- If the 6th is on a Sunday the billing cycle date changes to Monday the 7th.
- The limit refresh date is on the day following the billing cycle date.
Q: Does the PCard Office conduct on-site Department Refresher Policy Trainings?
A: Yes, If a Department has staff that they feel could benefit from a refresher policy training, contact PCard Customer Service at 520-626-9091.
Q: Can a student or part-time employee get a PCard?
A: A PCard can be issued to an Employee that has a UAccess paid status.
Q: Can I let another employee use my Individual PCard?
A: No, you cannot share your individual PCard with another employee. However, you can make purchases on behalf of another employee.
Q: What are the differences of: an Individual PCard, Department PCard and a Corporate Travel Card?
- An Individual PCard is an Individual credit card in the employee’s name to be used for University business expenses that are directly paid from University funds.
- A Department PCard is a transferable credit card (via proper forms) in the name of the department to be used for University business related expenses that are directly paid from University funds.
- A Corporate Travel Card is an Individual Liability personal credit card in the user’s name to be used ONLY for University business related travel expenses and is paid for by the cardholder. Cardholder is responsible for full payment of all statement charges by the next billing.
Q: Can I use a Sponsored Projects account on a PCard Transaction?
A: Yes, all policies and procedures governing a sponsored account apply in the PCard Program.
- Note: Sponsored Project account numbers cannot be used as defaults.
- Note: Sponsored Project account numbers cannot be used on PCard Plus transactions.
Q: What Object Codes are exempt from Use Tax?
Q: What documentation is required on PCard Transactions?
A: Refer to the Guidelines for PCard Documentation Submission.
- Arizona BuyWays
- Central/AHSC Receiving
- Contracting Office
- Postal Services
- Printing Services
- Purchasing Card
- Purchasing Office
- Records Management & Archives
- Small Business Utilization Program
- Stores Blanket Orders
- Stores Inventory
- Surplus Property