Table of Contents
- What standard contract forms are available through the Contracting Office?
- What are the standard contract language requirements?
- What is the normal contract processing time line?
- What are the requirements for executing a Master Agreement for Hotel Services with the University?
- Where can I find information on the Catering Policy and who is an approved Catering Vendor?
A: The following is a list of forms available through our office. Click on each type of form or contact Contracting at (520) 626-3919 to obtain a fax copy of the agreement, or if you have any other questions or concerns.
Please read the instructions carefully (if available) for each type of form.
- 101 Loan of Equipment
- 101A Loan of Equipment - Insurance required
- 101B Loan of Employee-Owned Equipment - The equipment must remain in the care, custody, and control of the department
- 103 Use of Equipment for Non-University Purposes
- Performance Arrangement Under $1,000 - Departmental signature required
- Performance Contract Over $1,000 - Contracting signature required
- 112 Loan of Art Agreement
- 113 Master Rental Agreement - for the temporary use of facilities by the University of Arizona
- 125 Master Agreement for Hotel Services
- 127 Agreement for the Rental of Equipment
- 128 Master Agreement for Catering Services
NOTE: These forms can be used by your department, however they need to be sent to Contracting for signature. Keep in mind that some forms may have insurance requirements or may require you to obtain signatures from additional individuals prior to approval.
A: The following is a list of standard contract language requirements which may be added, depending on its applicability, or Contracting may be required to incorporate such language into its contracts/agreement because of Arizona state law.
- Contracting Party - the contracting party for the University is the Arizona Board of Regents on behalf of the University of Arizona.
- Interest Rate - 10% simple per annum is the maximum rate allowed by Arizona law.
- Law to Govern - as a state agency, the University cannot agree to be bound by another state's or another country's law; Arizona law must govern.
- Indemnification - it is illegal for an Arizona state agency to indemnify or hold another party harmless from liability (Arizona Attorney General's Opinion No. 67-36-L).
- Insurance - as an Arizona state agency, the University participates in the Arizona State Risk Management self-insurance program as provided under A.R.S. Section 41-621. We do not additionally insure other parties.
- Confidentiality - the University can agree to hold confidential material provided by another party (provided such material is marked confidential) for a period of three (3) years following termination of the Agreement. All fully executed University contracts/agreements are public record and cannot be held confidential.
- Penalty - the University cannot agree to pay penalties for early cancellation or for any other reasons (A.R.S. Section 35-154).
- Attorneys' Fees - the Arizona Legislature does not allocate funding for payment of another party's attorneys' fees; we can agree to pay all "court-awarded" attorneys' fees.
- Unions - as an Arizona state agency, the University is not permitted to contract with or be bound by union rules, regulations, or jurisdiction.
- Right to Terminate - the University needs the option to cancel a contract prior to its terms, usually by giving the other party thirty (30) days' prior written notice.
- Limitation of Actions - as an Arizona state agency, the University is exempt from the Statute of Limitations.
- Perpetuity - the University cannot enter into perpetual contracts.
- Non-refundable Deposits - the University cannot agree to pay a non-refundable deposit. A deposit can be used to fulfill payment obligations for which the University is owing for goods or services received.
- Software Infringement - the University cannot agree to incur software infringement liability of software provide by another party.
- Audit - if the contract/agreement is for the furnishing of goods and/or services, within the meaning of A.R.S. Section 35-214, all books, accounts, reports and records relating to the contract/agreement shall be subject to inspection and audit by the University for five years after completion of the Agreement.
- The following clauses are to be incorporated into all contracts: a) Nondiscrimination; b) Arbitration; c) Conflict of Interest; d) State Obligation; e) Audit; and f) Sudan & Iran.
A: The current contract processing timeline is approximately three to four weeks. If the contract/agreement needs to be expedited allow one to two weeks for processing.
Q: What are the requirements for executing a Master Agreement for Hotel Services with the University?
A: There are no requirements for vendors who are interested in establishing a Master Agreement with the University. Our office has established various contracts with different resorts, hotels, and bed-and-breakfasts within the Tucson Metro area, as well as in and around Arizona. We've established these contracts to simplify the current process used. We do require the vendors to establish a Confirmation Form, which should contain the following information (if applicable): dates and times of the event; established Group Room rates; and Guest Room Commitments.
- Also, the following statement should be included in the Confirmation Form: "All details of this Arrangement shall be governed by the Master Agreement for Hotel Services signed by the University and the Hotel."
- If the form contains any other terms and conditions other than the above-mentioned, please fax an unsigned copy of the form to (520) 621-9847 for review by Contracting.
For more information, please visit our Approved Hotels web site or contact Contracting at (520) 626-3919.
- Click here to review the current Catering Policy.
- Click here to view the current list of Approved Caterers.
- Arizona BuyWays
- Central/AHSC Receiving
- Contracting Office
- Postal Services
- Printing Services
- Purchasing Card
- Purchasing Office
- Records Management & Archives
- Small Business Utilization Program
- Stores Blanket Orders
- Stores Inventory
- Surplus Property